Most people in the city of Zabol speak in the local dialect (Zaboli). Of course, other Sistani and Baluchi dialects such as Baluchi are also common there. Due to its remarkable historical background and its social and cultural richness, the city has an outstanding position among other cities and areas of the country. Some unique rituals which are taken from the regional weather and natural condition as well as the people's beliefs and social classes and are performed in various ceremonies include:
- Rituals at work: as an old ritual, dredging is still which includes draining of the Hirnand river bed. It represents a kind of regional coordination and integrity and is the symbol of unity required for solving different problems.
- Harvest festival: it is accompanied by the local dance to celebrate crop harvest and respect Allah the Mighty and is amazing for every newcomer.
- Religious rituals: some festivals such as Eid-e- Fitr, Eid-e- Qadir, Eid-e- Qorbān, Eid-e- Mab'as, Imam Ali 's (AS) birthday, and Mid-Sha'ban. On such days, people cook special cookies called "Chalbak" and visit the graves of their beloved.
- Ramadan praying and Dawn praying: these are two significant regional ceremonies which are hold in the holy month of Ramadan. According to some historical references and sayings, these rituals were hold about 1400 years ago, i.e., with the advent of Islam. In these ceremonies which are hold on 12th to 17th of Ramadan eves, a great number of teenagers and young people of the area come together and recite some local songs aloud. Some of these songs are " Ramedan Allah, Allah Ramadan, Ramadan Allah, well known to Allah, Ramadan has arrived to host him, sacrifice his cattle for Him, Whose house is this which has a wind tower, if I knew its lord who is cooking "borak( a kind of local cookie), whose house is this which is toward the wind, it has two sons who are newly married".
- Lamentation rituals: they are mostly carried out during the month of Muharram along with demonstrating Ta'ziyeh and mourning.
- National rituals: on Norouz holiday and the Nature Day (the 13th of Farvardin), most people visit Mount Khajeh and other shrines. They hold parties and have lots of fun. Some fascinating traditions are also performed at the birthday and wedding ceremonies.
- Sword dance: This folk sport is a brilliant sample of heroic and dramatic music of the area which is known universally and is hold with special vigor and energy in various rituals and parties of the region.
Ethnic meals of Zabol:
The most popular local foods of the city are: Changali, Qolor, Achar, Kashk-e Zard, Gandom shir, rice, Omellet, barley bread, Tajgi, Pouri, Shoro, Landu, Latti, fried wheat, Kouli kashk, fried dates, Qatouq, Ksteh eskeneh, Chouli, Borak, Dough bor, fish cooked in milk, Kalehjoosh, Rakhmi, Qorout, Pouch, qatlama, flour eshkeneh, Ojizak, sour Punica granatum eshkeneh, Garmast. Gingerbread, Coriander Ojizak, sweet cookie, date cookie, flour noodles, Kourgi, Sistani chives, Shirinak, watermelon juice, and Risak Chops, and scoop.